Cap Mat for PCR Plates
96 individual caps in sheet format, blue TPE, pierceable; suitable for sealing all of our 96 well PCR plates
These caps in sheet format are universally compatible with our 96 well PCR plates. The caps can be individually applied and removed once detached from the backing liner, making the mats ideally suited for use with our flexible PCR consumables, including Individual Access plates and divisible plates. The mats offer an alternative to adhesive and heat sealing, in particular as a temporary solution when samples need to be repeatedly accessed.
They are easily pierceable with pipette tips to access samples, and they are easily removable using 1- and 8-way decappers or, alternatively, using Automated Plate Seal Remover if a seal is overlaid on top of the caps.
Properties & Material
- Caps made from TPE mounted on an easily removable backing liner
- Pierceable with pipette tips
- Universal fit to 96 well PCR plates
- Ideally suitable for use with Individual Access plates and divisible plates
- Applications: endpoint PCR, storage
- Not recommended for qPCR
- Alternative to adhesive and heat sealing, as temporary sealing solution when sample access must be done multiple times
- Caps perform equivalently to polypropylene cap strips during 25 cycle PCR
- The 96 caps can be applied all at once or individually
- The 96 caps can be removed all at once using Automated Plate Seal Remover (a seal must be placed on top of the caps), or individually using 1- or 8-way decappers